Just like my crock-pot recipe from last week, this one is just too good NOT to share! It’s sweet and tangy at first taste, but there’s a deep smokey flavor that is completely addictive! Its one of those dishes that’s better the next day…if you have any leftovers, that is.
Side note, before you get started: this recipe is best made in an 8 qt. slow cooker. If you’re using a 6 qt. cooker, then add in enough chicken broth to bring it to the top. Near the end of cooking, if the soup has decreased, add in any leftover broth. This will be very thick and is perfect served over rice!
Maple Chicken Chili In The Crock Pot (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- 3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs frozen is fine
- 2 onions diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and shredded
- 1/4 c. + 2 Tb. maple syrup where to buy
- 6 Tb. chili powder
- 2 Tb. onion powder
- 2 Tb. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 c. cooked kidney beans
- 3 c. canned or frozen corn
- 3 c. fire roasted tomatoes homemade is best, but canned will be fine. If using canned, do not drain
- 1 c. spicy brown mustard where to buy
- 4 Tbs. gluten-free soy sauce where to buy
- 4 c. chicken broth
Add ingredients in the order above to a slow cooker my favorite can be found here and turn it on low.
Place the lid on and take a deep breath. You got this.
Dinner will be ready in 6-8 hours, or once the chicken starts to shred.
Serve over rice, quinoa, or gluten-free pasta.