Thought I would keep this post short and sweet, but share some of my go-to sites for natural living references as well as herbal and holistic health tips. As many of you start your journey towards organic, all natural living, it can be completely overwhelming, with a myriad of choices and recommendations. That being said, this is not a conclusive (or even complete) list. However, for tips, tricks, recipes, and general ailments here are the blogs/sites I turn to, in no specific order.
(and when you visit, leave them some comment-love and tell them Cheeky Bums Market says hey!)
- Kitchen Stewardship – natural health, great product reviews, tips/tricks, and yummy recipes
- The Nourishing Home – AMAZING RECIPES. ’nuff said.
- Keeper Of The Home – a FANTASTIC natural health/natural living blog
- Passionate Homemaking – great tips for living simple, family-centric lives with some helpful home remedies and food recipes
- Frugally Sustainable – I personally subscribe to very few blogs, but Andrea’s is one that I love seeing in my inbox. A mix of frugal tips, great recipes, handy information, and simple sustainable living. It’s very well-rounded – something for everyone!
- Simple Homemade (Previously, this blog was titled “Simple Organic”) This blog is composed by multiple contributing writers and it’s full of organic tips, natural living recommendations and a smattering of natural remedy recipes. A great place to begin if you’re just starting out!
- Health, Home, Happiness – a wonderful reference for those on the GAPS diet; full of grain free/dairy free/gluten free kid-friendly recipes
- Riddle Love – a fun blog about the Riddle family’s life and adventures. Wonderful recipes and homesteading posts.
- The Healthy Home Economist – A controversial health topic? It’s likely covered on this blog! She really does her homework and I love her informative, straight-forward approach to health/natural living topics. One of my favorite resources.
- The Nourishing Gourmet – creative Traditional Food recipes! A bookmarked favorite of mine!
- Live Renewed – Emily has a ton of great homemade cleaning recipes, tips and tutorials. (And she just welcomed her 3rd baby into the family! Pop over and tell her congrats!)
- The Provision Room – a new blog – full of wonderful recipes, food storage ideas and some encouraging posts for tired mommies!
- The Nourished Kitchen – an amazing resource for those eating Traditional Foods. Great research, explanations and recipes!
- GNOWFGLINS – An EXTENSIVE data base of Traditional Food recipes, natural living tips and sustainable living posts.
- Frugal Granola – Full of frugal tips, tricks, recipes and some wonderful e-books!
I’ll be updating this list periodically, but for now, I wanted to give you a great starting off point! Have some more time to do some web surfing? (doing the dishes can wait! They need to soak….right….?!) Check out my pinterest boards for more of my favorites!
What are your favorite natural living resources?
This post was linked to What Works Wednesday at Upside Down Homeschooler, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways at Frugally Sustainable, WLWW at Women Living Well, Welcome Home Link Up at Raising Arrows, Homesteader Blog Carnival at The Morris Tribe, Better Mom Mondays at The Better Mom, Seasonal Celebrations at The Natural Mother’s Network, Titus 2 Tuesdays at Cornerstone Confessions, Simple Lives Thursday at Gnowfglins, Your Green Resource at Live Renewed, Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist, The Welcome Home Linkup at Raising Arrows, The Homestead Barn Hop, Better Mom Mondays, The Morristribe Homestead Blog Carnival, Traditional Tuesdays at Cooking Traditional Foods, Fresh Bites Friday at Real Food Whole Health