Brilliant LLC and Vintage Kids | Modern World values your privacy aboe all things and we know it is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law. I collect only the information that you freely give to me about yourself.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site. Details of the Cookies used by our site are set out in a section below.
means this website, www.vintagekidsmodernworld.com
“United States of America and EU Cookie Law”
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011, 2015;
means Brilliant LLC and/or Vintage Kids Modern World, which is registered at 1205 S. 29th St., South Bend, IN 46615, USA
WHO WE ARE/ABOUT US
Our Site, www.vintagekidsmodernworld.com, is owned and operated by Brilliant LLC, 1205 S. 29th St., South Bend, IN 46615
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER (scope of policy)?
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Contact information such as email addresses
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers/Paypal information
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA and WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site and any related products
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our Site
- Supplying Our products and services to you
- Personalizing and tailoring Our products and services for you
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with email (newsletters, alerts, promotions, updates, links to web classes, and free downloadable content, courses, etc.) that you have subscribed to. You may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
- Market research
- Analyzing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your use experience.
Please note that in some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or posts with information, news and offers on Our products and services that you have shown interet in or that are promoted by Our Site. We will not, however, send you to any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011, and 2015.
Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioral advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, search history, social media uses, and based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings, but this is done on your end and is not within our control.
Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. In any event, We will conduct a periodic review to ascertain whether we need to keep your data. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it or if you requet, at any time, for it to be removed.
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements. If We intend at any time to transfer any of your data outside the EEA, We will always obtain your consent beforehand.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. We currently contract with: Mailchimp and Wix.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law. with your privacy held in the highest regard.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
WHAT HAPPENS IF OUR BUSINESS CHANGES HANDS?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in any of Our emails).
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the United States of America: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHT TO WITHDRAW INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE GIVEN IT
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to download free content or purchase products available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data at any time by contacting Us, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR DATA?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHAT FOR?
By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site.
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. United States of America and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so, and your settings are out of our control.
Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google analytics, facebook, and jetpack. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyZe usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. Certain Cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site and it may not be possible for Us to obtain your prior consent.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalization settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- the right to be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING AND PROFILING
In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
The right described above does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorized by law; or
- You have given your explicit consent.
Where we use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including the significance of the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organizational measures necessary to minimize the risk of error and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.