This recipe is my apology, part 2.
I’m appealing to your desire for easy mornings, simple recipes, nutritious food and most of all, chocolate.
Truly, this is so easy to make, my daughters typically make several batches a week, by themselves, for snacking and breakfasts when mornings are busy (or mommy was up too late and the coffee just hasn’t kicked in. C’mon. You know what I’m talking about.)
Some of the additional ingredients are optional – so you can make the basic version, which is still incredibly filling and contains healthy fats to keep your little ones (and you) full all morning. However, throw in those few extra add-ins if you have them on hand and this recipe goes from “ooh, that looks yummy and nutritious” to “Holy Nutritional Overload Batman”.
ok, you get the point.
So, to conclude my apologies for being absent so long, I give to you my No Bake Breakfast Cookie Bars
- 2 c raw peanut butter
- 1 c coconut oil
- 1 c raw honey
- 1 tsp vanillla
- 4.5 c old fashioned oats
- 2 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1 Tb collagen
- 1/2 c nuts or seeds (we love sunflower or pumpkin)
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) - oats, coconut, salt and any optional ingredients and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine the peanut butter and coconut oil and stir over low heat until coconut oil melts and peanut butter softens.
- Remove from the heat and add in raw honey and the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour your dough into a 9x13 pan and spread evenly, but don't press down yet.
- Once it's distributed evenly, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and then press the dough down firmly with the back of a spoon, smooshing the chips onto the top.
- Refrigerate one hour and then cut into 24 bars (or whatever size your munchkins will eat! They will look small, but they're filling!)
this is linked to Allergy Free Thursdays