Guest Post by Kristina, Contributing Writer
On Shavu’ot it is traditional to eat lovely cheesy things! This simple dish of fried feta is one of our favorites! Served with a baguette and a glass of wine this is pure comfort food.
- 1 Tbls Butter
- 8 oz Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- Fresh Herbs, chopped for garnish
- Set a saute pan over medium-high heat. Allow the butter to melt in the pan.
- While the butter is melting slice the feta in half. (Slice it so that you have two thin pieces of feta.) Put the feta in the pan with the melted butter.
- The feta will start to get bubbly; using a spatula turn the feta over and add the white wine. Using a spoon or your spatula baste the cheese with the wine and butter in the pan.
- Once the feta is all melty and most of the wine has evaporated, remove the cheese to a plate or cheese board. Make sure to scrape up in brown bits in the bottom of the pan and pour it on top of the cheese.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (I used chives) and serve with a sliced baguette.