For both of my pregnancies I’ve liked salty and spicy things.
AND, I’m already a BIG eater and even more so while pregnant so am always on the lookout for healthy and filling foods. Plus, pumpkin seeds are a great source of protein and healthy fats as well as packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and numerous health promoting antioxidants.
**They truly do have a kick. Not overpowering…just perfection.**
- 1 large egg white
- 2 TBS + 1 tsp. coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ tsp. sweet smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Scant ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 c. shelled raw pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy.
- Add the sugar, salt, paprika, cayenne, and cinnamon to the egg mix and stir.
- Add in the seeds and stir until well coated.
- Spread on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Will last up to 2 weeks…mine lasted up to 3 hours!
shared on Mostly Homemade Mondays